Thursday, June 6, 2013

Heroes and Villains Blogfest


Today is the Heroes and Villains Blog fest hosted by Jackie at Bouquet of Books and Dani at Entertaining Interests. 

Everyone loves a good hero, but there are some of us- like me -who adore a good villain as well... maybe even more in my case. 

Some heroes I love:


The Baudelaire orphans from A Series of Unfortunate Events

I know I have a picture from the movie here, but I am talking about the Baudelaires from the books (although I actually thought the movie did a fair representation). 


I love the ingenuity and determination of each of these kids as they face insurmountable odds and really persistent bad guys. They never give up and they always take care of each other. It's a quality every family should have.


Henry from Once Upon a Time:

There is no show without this kid. Henry is the one who figures out the town is cursed and stops at nothing to prove it. 

From there, he goes on to be the uniting factor between good and evil. There have been many times were his determination and belief that there is good in people has been the only thing standing in the way of disaster. 

Some villains I love:


Iago from Othello:

My all time favorite villain. Othello never has to lift his own hand to do his enemies in. His plotting and scheming poisons everyone against each other and it's ultimately the heroes who murder one another. He's simply brilliant and proof that some people shouldn't be slighted.


Rumpelstiltskin/ Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time: 

I just love this character. Sure, he's basically behind every bad thing that's ever happened ever, but he also fixes a lot of things too. Mostly his good deeds are because of hidden agendas and favor collecting, still I just can't dislike him. 

Who are some of your favorite heroes and villains?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...