Friday, May 17, 2013

May Monster Movie: I'm Not the Best Person to See a Horror Movie With


For the next week here, and across over 50 40 blogs, we will be celebrating monsters in all their gory glory. (Linky's at the bottom of this post).

First off, a shout out to the May Monster Madness Hosts: Annie Walls , Emma from Little Gothic Horrors, and Ked from Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Although there are some things I will never be OK with- like my limbs hanging off the bed at night, or the cold, dead eyes of the Snuggles bear -

I've come to soften your laundry and reap your soul
horror movies rarely get to me. For the most part I find them fun, but certainly not scary.
Despite my parents' best efforts, I was exposed to horror movies at a young age and continued to sneak in unauthorized viewings of creep shows until my mom finally gave up and just let me watch whatever.

It didn't take me long to go from finding what was on the screen scary to be fascinated with it. In fact, I don't remember ever really being scared by horror movies.


Though Ernest Scared Stupid gave me nightmares about trolls, but I don't remember being scared watching the movie. (I would've been about six when that movie came out).

Fascination quickly turned to memorizing plot devices, and now when I watch a horror film it doesn't take much to figure out what's going to happen.


Another habit of mine...


And of course...


Be sure to stop by the other participant's blogs. I know I'm excited to see what everyone will be writing about this week!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...