Friday, May 10, 2013

Immortal Eclipse Review

GENRE: New Adult / Urban fantasy / Paranormal

About: 
A devoted fashionata and practical New Yorker, Skylar Blackwell doesn't believe in the supernatural--until she inherits Summerwind Mansion. . . .

When her uncle is brutally murdered, and the cops seem uninterested in following up the case, Skylar journeys to California to seek answers. Her search for clues is soon overshadowed by haunting nightmares of a young woman also murdered in the house.

Now the inhabitants of Summerwind are mysteriously dying, leaving no evidence as to how or why, and Skylar finds herself in a deadly race against time to expose the killer--before they strike again. The problem is . . . whoever it is may not be human.

Armed with only wit and Pradas, Skylar begins questioning the servants, but the growing list of suspects includes the sexy and brooding caretaker, Dorian, a man desperately trying to forget his tragic past. And a major distraction for Skylar.

Determined to play detective--instead of the fashion police--and unravel the dark history of the mansion, Skylar is plunged into an otherworldly mystery that not even she can explain away. As the boundaries between reality and dreams blur, Skylar's greatest challenge is to stay alive long enough to learn the truth.

My Review: 


I should say that I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review. As I writer,I keep my reviews honest.

This was a fun book. It took a little bit to get into and the first several chapters gave me label whiplash with all the name brand everything the character owned and felt the need to refer to, but once the story got going it was a fun read.

I'm not a "fasionista", so that trait of the MC-Skyler- was lost on me;however, I did identify with her stubbornness and need to get to the bottom of things. (Though I doubt I would've had as much patience as she did.

The book has elements of a good ghost story, mixed with romance (not particularly my thing, but I get that a lot of people like it) and some thriller/ mystery aspects. The big revel at the end is a bit predictable, but it's still fun to see how Skyler gets there and her reactions to everything.

All in all the characters were likable and the action well place. If you like romantic mysteries and great shoes, this will be a good read for you.

I give it:

1 overly priced name brand bag












A pair of killer heels










And an exorcism









BUY IMMORTAL ECLIPSE:
Amazon Kindle: http://amzn.to/14IbgG5
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/14edSHU
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/11QIbnz
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...