Monday, May 6, 2013

If God Kept Films of all Our Lives, Even Mother Teresa's Would be Rated R

My husband and I were on our way to American Burger after a conference at our church. For those of you who don't live in Tooele, there are only two places to get good ice cream here Cold Stone and American Burger. 

American Burger is cheaper and has drive through, so it's the go to place after events. They also don't understand the concept that people use drive through because they want their food quickly and conviently. 

While the hubs and I waited, we struck up a somewhat theological conversation. I don't remember exactly how it started, but it went something like this.

Tony: When we get to heaven we'll just rent the DVD and find out. (This was in reference to some sort of question as to why something was the way it was. I know, great explanation. It's the best I've got people.) 

Tony: That's what a seminary teacher of mine used to say. This was before we had blu ray and downloads of everything.

Me: Whenever there's an argument over whether or not something happened or how it happened, my mom always says, "When we die we'll watch the movie of our lives and we'll see who's right". She has this idea that on judgement day a film of our life will be played on a giant screen in front of everyone.

I feel like telling her, "You know that's not how it works right?" The scriptures say you'll have a realization of everything you've done in your life (paraphrasing here). Can you imagine having to sit there and watch everyone's life video?

Made by me at Make Belief Comix

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...