I've been hearing a lot lately about writers buying false positive reviews for sites such as Amazon. They're buying their way into making people think their work is good. As a writer, I feel that honesty is important. Good reviews should be earned.
Even worse, there's a growing trend for writers to buy negative reviews for their competition. Ever hear the term "killing a book"? Well, there's a lot of it going on out there.
In order to combat this, I'm looking to encourage readers to post their honest reviews to major sites such as Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords and Barnes & Nobel. In exchange for an honest review posting (on any book of the readers choice) the reader will get one entry into a giveaway. (Reader must post link to their review in the comments).
If you would like to join in:
- Sign up on the link list
- Post anytime during the week of June 17th-21st
- Post needs to contain a giveaway
- Giveaway should allow readers to get one entry per review they leave on a major website.
- Readers need to leave the link to their review in your comment section of the post.
- Please DO NOT include other steps for entries in the giveaway. The idea is to encourage readers to post honest reviews, not get them to follow all of your social media sites.
- What you give away is entirely your choice.
- In order to help promote this event, please grab the image and post it in your sidebar with a link back to this page:http://emilymoir.blogspot.com/p/give-book-some-love.html
Thank you and I hope to see you all back here for the event!