Sunday, April 28, 2013

X is for eXcuses #atozchallenge #challenge

My dad used to say, "Excuses are like butts. Everyone has one and they stink". Still, I thinks it's within our nature to make excuses when we fall short.

The hardest thing to do is take responsibility for our actions. I think this is compounded by the fact that as many times as someone says, "You'll get in less trouble if you tell the truth", it's mostly a b.s. statement. 

Avoiding excuses is part of being responsible though. We're taught from a very young age that every action has a consequence. I believe if people spent more time dealing with the consequences of their actions rather than finding a way to avoid those consequences, they'd learn their lessons a lot faster and stop screwing up so much.

Alas, I also am an excuse maker. Either that I'll just tell people, "Yeah, I was lazy so it just didn't happen". That last one is a lot easier to do when you don't have a job though...

Commenters: If you're a new follower, please let me know so I can follow your blog back. Please either use the commentluv feature or leave me a link to your blog. Not all methods of commenting necessarily leave me a way to get to your blog, and do like to check out your work. A Few Random 

AtoZ Blogs: Because the AtoZ participants list is so massive, I don't include it here. However, I would like to give some love to my fellow bloggers, so I thought I'd pick a couple of random blogs to link to that y'all can check out at your discretion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...