Wednesday, April 3, 2013

C is for: Critique #IWSG #challenge

First off: 

Happy Birthday Sis! Haha, you're 30 now! 

Wait... that means I'll be 30 in another 2 years. Crap!




Next item of business: 

It just so happens to be #IWSG day. This means I may go a bit off topic concerning character. Either that or I'll make some weird, far out connection between what I actully blog about today and character, like, "If you had the slightest bit of decency to your character, you'd self edit before asking me to critique your work". Yeah, I think I'll stick with that. 


So, yeah, critiquing. I made all y'all a picture about it!

Yes, this was made by me. I got a profile on someecards and everything. 
I've been on both sides of the critiquing knife- you know, stabber and stabbed -and I've determined they both suck. So I've made some rules:


  • Don't agree to critique a friend's work unless you can cope with having to tell that friend they suck.
  • Don't send your work out for critiquing before remembering to put on your big girl/ big boy panties.
  • Self edit before subjecting anyone to your work! No one is going to care about your awesome characters or kick butt story if they have to try to decipher exactly what word it was you misspelled all the time. 
  • Remember when you're critiquing that it's equally important to point out the good stuff as it is to point out the bad. 
I know there are things I'm missing, but in the interest of brevity, that's all from me for now.

What are some good critiquing rules you can think of?


Commenters:

If you're a new follower, please let me know so I can follow your blog back. Please either use the commentluv feature or leave me a link to your blog. Not all methods of commenting necessarily leave me a way to get to your blog, and do like to check out your work. 

A Few Random AtoZ Blogs:

Because the AtoZ participants list is so massive, I don't include it here. However, I would like to give some love to my fellow bloggers, so I thought I'd pick a couple of random blogs to link to that y'all can check out at your discretion.
Are you a poet who loves to rhyme? Free verse or metered, come and chime. Look here! A brand-new prompt we'll post, So come on back, and make a toast. 

A few small words will do the trick. You'll blog a verse or limerick. Then post your link for all to see; We'll read your writings here with glee!
Support books and their writers
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...