Thursday, March 14, 2013

Blogger Spotlight C MIchelle Jefferies @cmjefferies


There are so many amazing bloggers out there, and I want to spread some love, so every month (or at least I try for every month) I do a spotlight on a deserving blogger.

This month I have the lovely and talented C Michelle Jefferies over to talk about writing. You can find her on her WEBSITE or at My Life in a Laptop


Be sure to also check out her book Emergence. Right now it's only $2.99 on Kindle! Get it while the offer lasts!

Take it away C Michelle!

on writing . . . . . . .

Writing is not easy. It's not just picking up a pen and paper and becoming a bestseller. It's not just having a dream,writing a book and selling it on your eighth query.

Writing is having so many characters in your head you think your going to go crazy. It's having that drive to create something of worth and working your behind off to get it. It's learning the craft while trying to get blood to come out of your forehead. Its going back to school if you have the opportunity and learning the language all over again.


Writing is not like any other job in the universe. Well writing and performing music and creating art may be close. You write until your forehead bleeds taking in no sallary for your efforts and then spend your own money sending your work out only to be rejected repeatedly. It takes most writers somewhere around five years to get to the point of being accepted. FIVE YEARS! Meanwhile your family has written you of as a heritic, your spouse thinks your completely crazy and your kids have subsisted on cold cereal and sandwitches for thier daily nutrition.

While writing is a solitary activity, it is something we writers don't do alone. We crave validation, we need to have someone tell us that that last scene was really great, that our plots are awesome, that we'll get through that writers block, that we have value as a creative person. That that blood on the page, straight from our foreheads, is worth the pain.

I am a writer, I have something of value within me, I am a creator of worlds and people, I have worked hard to get where I am.

I didn't chose this as a profession the muse chose me by creating amazing stories in my head. I must bow to the creative urge or I will go insane. I must write because it is the source of creative outlet in me that keeps me sane and happy.

I am a writer.

Author Bio:

C. Michelle Jefferies practically grew up in a library. She spent her early years learning to love reading at her mothers side. When Michelle was ten she realized she wanted to write stories instead of just reading them. In high school, she met another writer who inspired her to write a full-length novel instead of just short stories. Michelle finished that 189 page handwritten novel the summer of her junior year.


After graduating from high school she married her best friend and started a family. She put her writing on the back burner during those early years to raise her seven children and to volunteer in the community as a lactation counselor. When her children were old enough for her to spend a few hours at the computer without them burning the house down she returned to writing and hasn't stopped since. She can often be found writing or editing with a child in her arms or under her feet. With a passion for secret agents and all things Asian, she writes futuristic thrillers and urban fantasies about bad boys turned good. She also enjoys beating herself up in Karate class as she works toward her black belt in Tang Soo Do.

Twitter: cmjefferies 
Pinterest: cmjefferies

EMERGENCE:


Futuristic Suspense. He was the corporation's prized hit man until he refused an assignment. Now he's going to find it's a lot easier to kill a man than to keep him alive.

BUY THE BOOK!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...