Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Author Interview Toni Sinns @darkenscorpio

Today I have Toni Sinns over to promote her book I've Got You Covered.

A little about the book:

Published on April 12, 2012 

Anistasia moves a lot to get away from her past. But when she lands in Brooksville she runs into John. Something about him just makes her feel so safe and he can't get her off his mind. The two soon learn they actually have more in common than they could possibly ever know.

Can be found on Goodreads and Shelfari and Smashwords.




Interview:

1. What first interested you in writing?

I’ve been writing for so long I don’t know what first interested me in it. I know growing up I had, and still have, a very vivid and crazy imagination. I loved to tell stories or make up stories. Even playing dolls or barbies there had to be this long thought out back story and plot that was going to happen.



2. What do you love most about the genre you wrote I've Got You Covered and New York Heartbreak in? 

I am a young adult fanatic. I love the genre. And the books in the genre. I also love adventure and want to try to keep my fans in suspense. I tend to dip my toes into romance with my stories but that isn’t exactly fully planned it just happens. I guess I like writing about couples :)

3. What has been the best part of your experience with I've Got You Covered, and the worst part?

The best part was by far writing the book. Also trying to find the perfect cover picture was fun to. And I love my cover artist guy. He is so easy to work with. The worst part is edits and marketing. Both are my arch enemy. I can market other peoples stuff just fine. But when it comes to my own I get flustered.

4. What do you hope to have readers gain from your work? 

I hope they gain enjoyment and entertainment. I want them to love my story and want to follow along as it continues.

5. What influenced you to choose the publishing route you did and what have been two pros and two cons of that choice? 

I self published because I’m impatient. I sent out query letters and got them back saying the book was good but wasn’t a perfect fit for them. So finally I said I’d do it myself.

I had already self published my poetry book because I didn’t know any companies that would accept poetry so I already knew a bit of what I was doing. After self publishing and hearing what others were going through with traditional publishing I’m glad I am self published.

It would be cheaper on me and marketing would be easier if I was traditional publisher but I like being creative to find new avenues to venture down. And I love having control of my own book. If I want to give it to someone I can I don’t have to ask permission. Or if I want to change the price I can.

6. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

Don’t give up. The road to being an author is hard. Very hard. But if you stop you’ll always wonder what if. And that is worst then giving the time to get the answer.

7. What is your all time favorite book and why? 

My all time favorite book? Hmm that is a rough one. I have so many. I guess if I had to pick ONE it would be… Beauty and the Beast. I love the story and the movie and everything about it :)

8. What is your favorite book in the genre you wrote I've Got You Covered in and why? (If it's the same as your all time favorite book than what is your second favorite book in that genre and why?) 

I have always really enjoyed the fear street novels by RL Stein and Carolyn B Cooney was another favorite author of mine that has a lot of Young adult books. I would get so lost in their stories that at the age of probably 10 or 11 I decided I was going to collect all their books. Then I realized they have a lot of books. So I have a collection started but no where close to finished.

9. If you could have a day with any fictional character, who would you choose and what would you do with them?

I want to have a day with Risika from In the Forest Of The Night by Amelia Atwater. She is strong, smart, pretty, and determined.

I would pick her brain and how she was able to over come being turned into a vampire and how she found the strength to take on the vampire that turned her and was so much stronger than her.

10. If your book were made into a movie, and you got to pick your dream cast and crew, who would pick and in what capacity? 

Hmm that is hard because I don’t watch many movies so I don’t really know the actors and actresses that well. Also the people are teens so I would want a teen or young actor/actress to play them. So I’m not sure I have a dream cast. I’d have to do some serious research to figure out who really captured the essence of the characters.
Excerpt: 


Anistasia felt herself turn blush red at how that sounded. “You know you didn’t have to come in the door.” She smiled turning to look at John and the food he was piling on the table. “Then you wouldn’t have to be forced onto this date with me.” She couldn’t help but laugh at her words and smile. Keeping a straight face was a lot harder than it should have been. She walked over next to the table. “Do you want me to help you do anything?” She asked looking down at the array of food.

"Tell me what you'd like so we don't have to take so much." He said standing straight and looking at what he had gathered. "I'd hate to say but I haven't done this since I've been with Rachel, and she's an incredibly indecisive person." His mother cringed a bit at his mention of Rachel. She thought it wasn't wise to mention an ex in front of another girl on a date. John smiled at his mother's reaction. "Don't worry, where we're going she would never dare travel. So it’s something different entirely."

Anistasia smiled and laughed. "Well let’s see what looks good..." After some time looking over the food and sorting out some chips, fruit salad, left over mac n cheese, some sandwiches, and a large slice of cake she helped put the rest back in the fridge. "That looks like a good meal." She laughed and smiled. "That is probably smart of her. I still owe her for these claw marks on my cheek but now I'm a little excited. Are we going to a haunted house or something?" She laughed at her own stupid joke.

He chuckled "Well that's where we're going to start." He then finished packing up everything in a bag he found. "Ready?" He asked Anistasia. "Sounds adventurous, I'm ready when you are." She smiled and looked back at his mother. "It was a pleasure to meet you."

"You too dear." His mom bid them farewell and once again John opened and closed the door for Anistasia. When they were all set in the car he drove off away from the town and into the outskirts towards some mountains in the distance.



Anistasia stared out the car window as the houses got further apart and the trees and open fields took up the landscape. "It is so gorgeous out here." She spoke in awe of the scenery she was taking in.

He glanced over to her and smiled at her pleasure, "I always thought so." he said. Not too long later he pulled into a dirt driveway hidden by trees, down the road it lead to a house in the middle of a clearing. The house was decent sized and starting to fall into disrepair. "There it is." He smiled looking over at her before noticing that a couple of black cars were parked in front of the house. His face turned grim "Hold on." He told Anastasia in a panic, his corvette's engine screaming, he pulled a 180 in the dirt and sped off back down the driveway and towards town, far faster than he had driven up.


About the Author:

Toni Sinns was born and raised in Western North Carolina before moving to Central Florida in 2011. She is an upcoming author/writer with a mind in multiple genres of novels and books. She is currently working on multiple novels that you can read about on her website also you can catch her random thoughts on her blog.

Toni G. Sinns Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Toni-Sinns/348662881811721 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/darkenscorpio
Blogger: http://lilgracielou.blogspot.com/
Website: http://gracietfranklin.wix.com/tonigsinns

P.S. Today my guest post for Novel Publicity runs. 5 Ways to Turn Readers Off: A Writer's Guide on What NOT to Do
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...