Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Next Big Thing #writing

Lisa Regan graciously tagged me in The Next Big Thing. Check out her blog HERE and take a look at her book coming out in December Finding Claire Fletcher.

The rules are that I answer a few questions about my WIP and tag five people. 

Which WIP to choose from...

What is the working title of your book?

Hell Deep: The Stolen Child

Where did the idea come from for the book?

A dream. It was a highly detailed dream in which even the characters' names were given and the plot points repeated over and over. And then I awoke into another layer of dreaming where I was describing the plot to family members. By the time I actually woke up I had it down.

I have a really on the ball muse :)


What genre does your book fall under?

Fantasy, adventure, drama I think that covers it.

What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? 

Good question, excuse me while I google search...
Paul Blackthorne as Warwick (the antagonistic king) 

Evan Rachel Wood as Serina (main character)



Rhona Mitra as Armanlee (Warwick's wife) 
Ron Perlman as Jared (Serina's mentor) 




Robert Carlyle as Grimwick (who possibly won't show up until book 2 but he'd still be awesome in the role. This is Warwick's brother who challenges him for the throne)
What is the one sentence synopsis of your book? 

It shouldn't be hard for someone is Serina's position to go unnoticed, but when the unwanted attentions of the king result in a scandalous cover up, Serina has no choice but to make the world fear her name. 

Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?

Most likely self published. It seems the most feasible route.  

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

It's still in progress, but when I finish I'll let y'all know. 

Who or what inspired you to write this book? 

Umm... I'll blame on the fish I had for dinner. I don't know where my subconscious came up with the idea. I sometimes just have dreams like that. 

What else about your book might pique reader's interest?

Among the fantasy and action elements there's still a very relatable core issue for anyone who's a parent. The idea of your child being taking from you is something horrifying.

TAGGIN' TIME:

  1. J.A. Bennett
  2. Cassie Mae
  3. Scott Bryan
  4. Terron James
  5. Leigh Covington 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...