Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm Not Offensive, Your Lack of Proper Grammar Is

A while ago a friend of mine posted this on facebook: 


I was in one of my moods, so I made the comment that I would like this picture so much better if it had used proper grammar. Her response was simply, "Wow". 

I think I may have offended her.

I'm not 100% when it comes to the laws of grammar, but I do know better than to use double negatives. Come on people! 

I personally find it an insult to my intelligence for any sort of public campaign, announcement, sign or meme to have glaring grammatical mistakes or spelling errors. Think of the children!

The decline of modern language is already a sore spot for me. I've made this horribly draw graphic to demonstrate my feelings. 


The Evolution of Language
* I got a better paint program, unfortunately my drawing still sucks.

I've spent too much time listening to adults say, "we was" to keep quiet about when I see or hear such things. These are also the type of people who believe that there must be some male cows who have utters since Barnyard depicts them as such. True story people, true story. 

These are also the type of people I fear saying that I'm lying down to rather laying down. Even though lying down is proper grammar, I can't help but picture them thinking something like this when I say it.


OK, end rant.

What do you guys think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...