Saturday, July 7, 2012

#Author Interviews: Roxanne Hunter

Massive apologies for getting this post up late. Got to love when life happens :s.

Today I have Roxanne Hunter over to talk about her book Venn and to let us get to know her a little.

About Roxanne:Roxanne Hunter was born and raised in California. At the age of fifteen she sat down and wrote her first novel-a book she has yet to finish. When she was twenty-three she wrote and published three novels: The Venn Series and completed a fourth novel at age twenty-four. She is currently living in Tennessee where she hopes to continue writing. 


1. What first interested you in writing?

When I was in high school, my friend Gabe started writing a novel. I'd never written anything other than a short story, a few poems, and some essays for school but after reading his work I went to bed and had a dream about novel I have yet to write. Since then, I wrote anytime I got the chance. In total I've written eight novels and published four, soon to be five later this year.

2. What is your favorite book and why?

For now (as my favorite book often changes) it's Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I love how Martin writes. He's detailed without being boring and his stories are complex in a variety of different ways. Plus, he has characters that I love. My favorite is Tyrion Lannister and my second favorite is Arya Stark.

3. Who is your all time favorite fictional character and what would you do if you met him/her?

My all time favorite fictional character would have to be Elinor Dashwood. She's brilliant and I would love to just sit down and talk with her.

4. What one piece of advice would you give aspiring authors?

I would say to never give up no matter how often you might want to. I would remind them that whenever they feel like giving up, to remind themselves that they've done something great. After all: isn't it amazing how many pages you can fill up with just a little inspiration?

Visit Roxanne: 
Venn summary: A woman's violent alter ego fights to prove the guilt of his victims. After years of abuse, Jessica Daniels--known to others as Jessie--is incarcerated in an asylum for a crime she did not commit. Venn, her protector, however, did. While at the asylum, Jessie escapes to the darkest corners of her mind and tries to forget the horror she was forced to endure while Venn rids his environment of evil. Venn is not entirely heartless, although he is extremely violent, and he often spends his days trying to convince whatever doctor is assigned his case that he and Jessie are two different people and they both need help. It is not until he meets Dr. Reynolds that Venn believes Jessie will venture out and tell her story. The question is will Jessie be brave enough to talk?

**I have written four books in total as part of this series but I'll release the rest once Venn has sold more copies and the Kindle page has at least ten written reviews. I hope one day it'll capture the imaginations of readers.

Check out Venn on Goodreads
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...