Friday, June 1, 2012

#Interviews and #Book Reviews: Sheryl Steines @annielovescham

A while back I did Novel Publicities tour for The Day of First Sun by Sheryl Steines. I was a bit out of sorts, so my review was mostly just ordering you guys to it.

The Day of First Sun is a really fun YA fantasty with a romantic undertone. I hate romance novels, but the way it's done her in unimposing and adds just enough flair to the characters and what's happening in the story. In short, it's how I think romanace in stories should be handled.
Putting the plot in my own words: Annie and her long time best friend Cham work for the Wizard Guard, which is basically the wizard equalivant of the FBI. A non-magical princess dies of magical causes on American soil. The race is on to solve the case and keep the magical world a secret from the masses. To complicate things, there's a nasty vampire playing both sides of the field and making havok of everything Annie and Cham are trying to fix.


The Day of First Sun is only $3.00 on Kindle (or free if you're a prime member)
The reason I'm revisiting this is because Sheryl informed me that she's gearing up to tour She Wulf, the second book in the series (coming September). I'm so excited for this!
Sheryl was kind enough to do an interview for me and send me the cover of her upcoming book.

She Wulf:
He came through the centuries to find her, the girl who could save them all. Annie Pearce runs through the streets of the city, chasing a demon, the likes she has never seen before. As she works to find out where the demon came from, the Wizard Guard encounters something even more bizarre. A eleventh century Viking.

When Annie gets sucked into the past, she must struggle with the knowledge of the prophecy that tells of her destiny. The one she must fulfill if she is to return home. What happens in the past will change the world.

EEK! I can't wait for this book to come out!
Here's Sheryl's interview:

1. How are things going The Day of First Sun?
Things are going okay with the book sales. I just did an ebook giveaway on Kindle and am happy to say my book is all over the US and in some places in Europe. I'm doing regular giveaways on Goodreads. I'm learning its very important to keep your name out there. I'm actually getting ready to do another tour in September with my second book She Wulf. Annie and Cham's next case/adventure. 
2. What first got you interested in writing?

I first got interested in writing as soon as I started reading. Actually it was reading Nancy Drew. I didn't just want to read books, I wished I had written them and started writing my own mysteries. I was seven. 
3. What's your favorite book?
My favorite book is a toughy. I don't think that I have a favorite. I love different books for such different reasons. I loved Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. The Help was really good too. Can I answer with my favorite author? That's an easy one. I'm a huge fan of Stephen King. I always have been. His book On Writing as a writer reading it was inspirational and made me realize that my writing style is unique to me and if it works, it works. 
4. What one piece of advice would you give to aspiring authors?

I would tell all inspiring authors to keep writing. At least a page each day. It doesn't have to be a book. It could simply be a poem or a journal entry, maybe even a short story. Something that keeps you focused on the act of writing. That's the one thing I regret, that I didn't keep writing. I sorta let life get in the way. The extra practice would have been great.
About Sheryl:
Behind the wheel of her ’66 Mustang Convertible, Sheryl is a constant surprise, using her sense of humor and relatable style make her books something everyone can enjoy. Visit Sheryl on her website, Twitter, Facebook, or GoodReads.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...