Friday, May 18, 2012

#Interviews and #Book Reviews: Katja Rusanen


Today I have Katja Rusanen over to talk about her book And You Must Love Me and share some interesting facts about her in the writing world. 

I just love that book title. Makes me want to run and grab it off the eshelf! 

First off, let's get to know a little about Katja:

Katja Rusanen is a Finnish writer who has been living in Barcelona since 2004. 'And You Must Love Me' is her first novel. She also writes short stories, six of which have been published by Barcelona Connect magazine. She is a Spiritual Life Coach and is involved in charity work. In February 2012 she participated in a Kilimanjaro charity climb for the Amani Children's Home in Tanzania.

1. What first interested you in writing?
I have always wanted to write but kept postponing it with various reasons until the urge became so strong that I had no choice. It's often said that all fiction has a tiny kernel of truth at its centre, and in this story it's the traumatic event that changes Renate's life. This actually happened to me and I wanted to break the silence, as I want people who are going through the same difficulties to know that they are not alone!


2. What is your favorite book and why?
Oh, there are so many books that I enjoy! I love the Stephen King's way of create a gripping story that gives you goosebumps. Stieg Larsson's 'Millennium' trilogy captured me completely, and Lorna Byrne's 'Angel's in My Hair' touched my soul. But if I need to select one, I'd say "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne because that book introduced me to the Law of Attraction and so many good things have happened afterwards.

3. What one piece of advice would you give all aspiring authors?
Believe! As Henry Ford once said "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you are right!', so keep your mind positive, believe in yourself and keep writing!

If you would like to find out more about Katja, check out:
Website: www.katjarusanen.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/rusanenkatja
Twitter: @KatjaRusanen

Now a little bit about her book:


The novel centers on the experience of 15-year-old Renate, who falls for a man who is in his 20s and jealously guarded by his gypsy girlfriend with whom he has a child. When a tragedy occurs, Renate feels invisible fingers pointing at her. The novel chronicles her struggles to overcome the loss and take responsibility for her own future.
The eBook company e-Diciones KOLAB, www.kolab.es, has published And You Must Love Me.
'And You Must Love Me' is available as e-book on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/MUST-LOVE-Young-Adult-ebook/dp/B005SEWBPA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337194890&sr=8-1

Thank you for your time Katja and best of luck with you novel!

Time for reader feed back. Do you guys have any questions for Katja? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...