Thursday, May 10, 2012

And Then I Got a Jeep Thrown at Me

I've been out of the loop for the last couple of days. I'd apologize for missing out on stuff, but you when you guys hear my reason, you'll totally see that I'm justified.

Not a photo of my actual wreck! I'll put the real one on when
I get a copy.
I got in a car wreck Tuesday night at about 11:00. The driver of a jeep in the lane next to us feel asleep at the wheel. He hit a guard wall and literally came flying into us (by us I mean my mom, sister-in-law and myself). My mother was driving, I was in the front passenger and my sis was behind me.

My mother and I could see the jeep drifting towards the wall and the minute it hit we knew we were in trouble. I am very thankful to God for giving my mother the clarity of mind to react in a manner that saved all of our lives.
As I said, the jeep was literally airborn. It landed on the front driver's side, slamming into the hood and bumper and then rebounding off of us. If my mother hadn't pulled sharply to the right and hit the breaks it would've been very bad.

All three of us wound up rather beat up. Lots of bruises, strains and cuts. Thankfully my sister-in-law and mom were able to be discharged.

I fractured my left hip socket, severly bruised my right knee, and have abrasions and bruises in various places especially where the seat belt was. The seat belt on my left side shattered with the impact and cut up my hip.

I've been in the hospital for the last two days getting nice and drugged up so I don't feel anything and learning how to use a walker.

Remember that AARP post I did? Remember the tripped out bathroom?

Here's the picture:


I think AARP secretly knew something when they were sending me spam. I'm going to need some of this stuff while I'm healing. Plus, a walker.

My glasses went flying off my face when we were impacted and have yet to be recovered from the car. The tow company kind of wants to get paid before they'll let us get our personal effects.

Considering that they had to cut my mom out of the car though, there's a possibility I won't be seeing those babies again. So it's squinty eyed writing at the moment. I claim the right to misspell and have bad grammar until I can see better.

So if I haven't popped by your blog, or done what I said I would on my blog. This is why. I'll hit you guys  up more once I have glasses again. I'll be on my butt for a while, so may actually see more of me later on.

Peace out y'all!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...