Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is for Cassandra: My Blogger Spotlight for the Day

There are so many amazing bloggers out there, and I want to spread some love, so every month there will be a new spotlight.

Today I'm spotlighting the super awesome Cassie Mae from Reading, Writing and Lovin' It.
You can also find Cassie at the dojo and at Falling For Fiction.

Props to you girl for being a momma and remaining so involved in the blogging community!

Take it away Cassie!



Heyo! So, like, I’m supposed to introduce myself and stuff, but I’m gonna try to keep it short today. You know, y’all are hoppin’ around for the A to Z, so short is good right?

Dude, that was pretty long just to say I was gonna be short. Gosh, I’m so bad at this.

Here we go.



About Moi: I am a 24 year old crazy mom and wife who writes her butt off while drinking endless amounts of Mountain Dew (gosh, I WISH it was endless) and sings and dances in the car to freak people out at stoplights.

Emily was crazy enough to ask little ol’ me to guest post today (thanks girl! You freakin’ rock ;) ), and she said I could post about anything that represents the spirit of my blog.

Oh gosh, no pressure, right? Is it bad I haven’t figured that out yet? Lol.

I do tell a lot of stories though and try to tie it into writing. So that’s what I’m gonna do. (While trying to keep it short too. Gosh, I haven’t even gotten to it yet… still rambling.)

Here we go (for real this time!).

I talk to myself. A lot. And I’ve been caught quite a few times doing so. Embarrassing sometimes.

So, one of these times I was quoting a movie. I mean, totally going all out with the scene and the accents and everything. I was so into it I forgot where I was… which was in the costume closet at my high school.

Anyways, when I got to the part when Harry screams out EXPECTO PATRONUM! Half of my drama class was watching from the doorway. Including my teacher who then gave me the supporting role in the upcoming play. Based on that Harry Potter performance.





Okay, so yeah, I was embarrassed out of my mind, but look what came of it! A funny story and a sweet part. Because I was being myself. (My crazy and obnoxious self. I can’t believe I had friends growing up, lol.)

Anyways, do this when you write and when you blog. Take risks and go in with no fear. Or use the fear you have to your advantage. It will make your writing stronger and people will get to know the real YOU. And that’s a good thing. :)

Thanks again to Emily for letting me invade! Everyone have fun hopping today!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...