Saturday, March 31, 2012

Books That Made Me Love Reading: The Unicorn Who Had No Horn

I know I said I was doing Frankenstein this month, but that was before I decided to sign on to three whirlwind tours with Novel Publicity. Combining that with getting ready for the AtoZ Challenge, I had no time to read much else. 

Instead, I reread The Unicorn Who Had No Horn by Margaret Holland. 

My sister and I were obsessed with this book when I was little.  I remember going to the book fair at Sara's school and both of us begging my mom to buy the book for us.

Now days I enjoy reading this book with my nieces. 

This is a total girly book, unless you're Shannon. 
Refer to the clip for anyone who hasn't seen Unicorn Planet.


In this book, Alexandra is a unicorn without a horn. An outcast if you will. She goes on a journey to find her horn and ends up in the crystal valley where she is supposed to find her horn. 

She asks the largest crystal how she is to know which crystal will be her horn and the crystal tells her only she can find the right one. 

I won't give away the whole story since the book takes like five minutes to read, so you should read it for yourself. I will say that it has one of those sweet little endings that makes everyone happy. 

Wrapping that up, I'd like to invite y'all to join me here tomorrow to kick off the AtoZ Challenge. April will be an amazing month! 

What books made you love reading? 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...