Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm Hearing Voices Blog Fest

Today for Mix & Match I'm joining along in the "I'm Hearing Voices" blog fest. Check out the link in my sidebar.  This blog fest will be going on throughout the week with lots of cool blogs to visit and writers to support. 

As per usual, I waited until the last minute, so today's challenge I fell a bit lame on. Also, I'm not very good with interviews. Apparently, neither is Prince Felnor from my Chronicles of the Gossamer Dreams series. Not a very chatty fellow. He kept trying to get off the couch making excuse after excuse about how they need him in battle... Anyhow, here's what I did get out of him. Enjoy!


Me: What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?

Prince Felnor:  I don't believe I can lead the way I'm expected to. I'd much rather fall into the background. I don't let it show. People need something to believe in.


Me: What do people believe about you that is false?
Prince Felnor: That I'm heartless and all calculations. I care more than it shows, but I can't be weak.


Me: What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?

Prince Felnor: My temper. I have a tendency to blow up over others incompetence.

Me: What would the same friend say is your one redeeming quality? Why?
Prince Felnor: If they were a true friend, they'd say I had more than one redeeming quality. But having to pick one, it would be that I make sure I'm there when people really need me. 

Me: What do you want most? What will you do to get it?

Prince Felnor: I want most to complete the legacy my parents left for me. I want to see the fae return home, even if I have to die to achieve it.

I don't have the link for the blog hop, however, if you go HERE to Reading, Writing and Lovin' it (which you should anyway since it's an awesome blog) you can find the blog hop on Cassie's post.

What would your characters say if you interviewed them?
Did you like this writing exercise?
Anything else you'd like to say? You know, as long as you keep it clean :)

14 comments:

  1. Emily--I love a reluctant leader :) I think he sounds very interesting. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prince sounds like the alpha male type. I like alphas, so that's a plus for me! (I did have a bit of a tough time reading the text bc the font was so light, but it was worth tipping my screen for!)

      Delete
    2. I guess that's what I get for not double checking my post. Not sure what bloggers problem is but hopefully it's more readable now.

      Delete
  2. Your character seems to fall into the latter group of, "some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, a reluctant leader. Henry V is one of my favorite characters for this reason. Well done - new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sounds like a fun character. Reluctant, determined, overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overwhelmed yes. I think you hit it right on the head with that one.

      Delete
  5. I really like him! And I like the way McKenzie explained him...definitely think he'll turn out as a great leader!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Prince! I love how he is a leader on the outside but a lover on the inside. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with this! And... I totally understand the temper thing. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so awesome Emily!!! Seriously, I totally got a sense for him and wanted to know more about your story :)

    And thanks for the shout out! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yay, I did my job by getting you to want to know more. You really do have an awesome blog.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...