Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dialog Introduction

Time for round two of I'm Hearing Voices!

Image Copyright Anita Kunz
The assignment was too have two characters introduce each other using dialog only. Without further ado, I'll let Kyia and Arkramay from Chronicles of the Gossamer Dreams take it away.


Kyia: "Stop worrying. It's not like you have to  make a major speech, just get over here and introduce me."

Arkramay: "I just met you. What am I supposed to say?"

Kyia: "Tell everyone how amazing I am, and cute, and genius, and funny..."

Arkramay: "I think you have this under control. I'm just going to go do something that's not this."

Kyia: "Arkramay! Get back here!"

Arkramay: "I didn't actually go anywhere. Where would I go? I don't know this place."

Kyia: "You have no appreciation for the dramatic elements of storytelling."

Arkramay: "Don't we have something we're supposed to be doing?"

Kyia: "You're missing the point entirely."

Arkramay: "I think you're just trying to take advantage of my memory problems."

Kyia: "Hey, I'm the one who's had your back this whole time so point the prepubescent angst elsewhere."

Arkramay: "You're not even making sense."

Kyia: "I make perfect sense. It's not my fault you can't understand it."

Arkramay: "Yeah, well Willy Wonka called and he wants his Oompa Loompa back."

Kyia: "Who?"

Arkramay: "Short jokes are totally lost on you."

Kyia: "Oh, that's cute, the eleven-year-old is calling me short."

Arkramay: "You're the one who says I'm really an ancient warrior."

Kyia: "You know what, we're done here. I have a cocky kid's butt to  kick."

Arkramay: "Shilo! Shilo! Save me!" 

OK, looks like that got a little out of hand. Good thing those two don't have much opportunity to sit and pick on each other. I swear, they're better friends than what it looks like. 

Hope you enjoyed. Be sure to go HERE to check out Cassie's blog and get the blog hop. 

16 comments:

  1. Cute! I loved the banter. Kyia is funny, but I'd run from her, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that was cute! Sounds like a good story, too!

    Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when characters have good chemistry and funny back and forth. Eleven year olds are a force to be reckoned with! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Agreed on eleven-year-olds being a force to be reckoned with.

      Delete
  4. "prepubescent angst" LOL.
    This was so fun to read! They have great chemistry, I agree with Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I definitely did get to know them, ha ha. Those two must be fun to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely enjoy writing scenes between the two. Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete
  6. 'You have no appreciation for the dramatic elements of storytelling.'

    That is a great line!

    *New Follower!* So nice to *meet* you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee, excellent banter between these two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! This is great. Love the banter. It's so fun when they don't get along. Great characters :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was great fun. I like the prepubescent angst line.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...