Friday, September 23, 2011

#LifeListClub Milestone Party!

**EVENT CLOSED**


!!!!!!!!PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!
*If you entered the September Blog Hop, you CAN also enter this. The more the merrier*
First thing's first: You all came here because you want to win something, not because you particularly care about my goals and how I'm doing. So here's how it goes down for you to get my prize. (Keep going to find out what it is)
#1 Subscribe to me
#2 Leave a comment stating your interest in said prize (email addresses are needed here)
This will get you 1 entry
#3 Tell a friend: You get an extra entry for each friend that 
subscribes and mentions your name (Plus they get their entry)

!!!The Prize!!!

For those who have been following along you know I've been teasing you about this photo series by Kate Moir @katefatale. *DRUMROLL PLEASE* Here are the photos you can win (4X6 Framed):















  • Countess Elizabeth Báthory de Ecsed (7 August 1560 – 21 August 1614) was a countess from the renowned Báthory family of Hungarian nobility.
  •  Labelled the most prolific female serial killer in history.
  • Remembered as the "Blood Countess" or "Blood Queen"
  • She and four collaborators were accused of torturing and killing hundreds of girls, with one witness attributing to them over 650 victims, though the number for which they were convicted was 80.
  • Elizabeth herself was neither tried nor convicted. In 1610, however, she was imprisoned until her death four years later.
  • Later writings about the case have led to legendary accounts of the Countess bathing in the blood of virgins in order to retain her youth. 

  • Herman Webster Mudgett (May 16, 1861– May 7, 1896), better known under the alias of Dr. Henry Howard (H.H) Holmes, was one of the first documented American serial killers.
  • In Chicago at the time of the 1893 World's Fair, Holmes opened a hotel which he had designed and built for himself specifically with murder in mind, and which was the location of many of his murders. 
  • He confessed to 27 murders, of which four were confirmed, his actual body count could be as high as 200. 
  • On May 7, 1896, Holmes was hanged. 
  • He requested that he be buried in concrete so that no one could ever dig him up and dissect his body, as he had dissected so many others. This request was granted.




  • "Jack the Ripper" is the best-known name given to an unidentified serial killer who was active in the largely impoverished areas in and around the Whitechapel district of London in 1888. 
  • The name originated in a letter, written by someone claiming to be the murderer, that was disseminated in the media. 
  • Attacks ascribed to the Ripper typically involved female prostitutes from the slums whose throats were cut prior to abdominal mutilations.
  • The removal of internal organs from at least three of the victims led to proposals that their killer possessed anatomical or surgical knowledge.
  • An investigation into a series of brutal killings in Whitechapel up to 1891 was unable to connect all the killings conclusively to the murders of 1888, but the legend of Jack the Ripper solidified. 
  • There are now over one hundred theories about the Ripper's identity.






  • Lizzie Andrew Borden (July 19, 1860 – June 1, 1927)  allegedly killed her father and stepmother with a hatchet on August 4, 1892, in Fall River, Massachusetts.  
  • Lizzie Borden was acquitted. No one else was ever arrested or tried. Dispute over the identity of the killer or killers continues to this day.
  • Following the surgical removal of her gallbladder, Lizzie was ill the last year of her life. 
  • Borden died of pneumonia on June 1, 1927 in Fall River, Massachusetts. 







  • Leonarda Cianciulli (November 14, 1893, Montella, Province of Avellino - October 15, 1970) was an Italian serial killer. 
  • Better known as the "Soap-Maker of Correggio", she murdered three women in Correggio between 1939 and 1940, and turned their bodies into soap.
  • In 1939, Cianciulli heard that her eldest son, Giuseppe, was to join the Italian army in preparation for World War II. She came to the conclusion that his safety required human sacrifices.
  • "..As for the blood in the basin, I waited until it had coagulated, dried it in the oven, ground it and mixed it with flour, sugar, chocolate, milk and eggs, as well as a bit of margarine, kneading all the ingredients together. I made lots of crunchy tea cakes and served them to the ladies who came to visit, though Giuseppe and I also ate them."



Today I celebrate 3 months on the Life List Club, ironically it'll be my last act as a functioning member. Life is crazy, I'm crazy busy. It doesn't always work out. Plus I suck at the whole goal thing. I make these lofty goals and then don't feel like it. Even with the whole going public thing it's not enough to make me a "goal" type person. I have to keep looking at my list to remember what my goals even were.

So here's where I'm at:

  1. I've managed to increase my blog following and social media presence in general. That's one goal achieved.
  2. I'm getting down to the bar on my CDA. That's two goals almost achieved.
  3. I've gotten more involved. That's three goals achieved.
  4. Other than that, apparently edits and saving money are just a giant pain in the ass. 
What's next? 
Rather than try to live up to goals I'll never motivate myself to achieve. Instead I'm going to focus on the one thing I've been really awesome at:
Jubilation

Since it's one in the morning and I have a full day of Lagooning ahead of me (happy birthday music playing a few days early) the Road to Jubilation page has yet to be up, but you'll all be subscribing right? So check back with me and by Monday you will see my new project on being happy, finding joy and remembering to live rather than just survive. Plus, Monday is my birthday, so you have to check in as a present to me :)

Extra Announcement 

FOR THOSE IN THE TOOELE,UT AREA: This Saturday (the 24th) the United Front Against Boob Cancer will be running a pink lemonade stand to raise money for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. We will be at Elton Park (corner of 400 N. and Broadway) from 12-4 PM. Stop by, get some yummy treats and make a donation towards more birthdays in the world. 


Other Prizes on Other Blogs:

Jess Wilkins – Prize to 1 winner
-Signed copy of Shifting by Bethany Wiggins http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10224627-shifting
Pam Hawley – Pkg of prizes to 1 winner
-Winner's choice of excerpt from my novel-in-progress or a copy of my short story   
    "Elevated."
- Interview the winner on their goals and ambitions for a future post in Hawleyville.
- Option to publish a piece of their own fiction/essay (up to 2,000 words) or do a guest
     post at Hawleyville.
David Walker2 Prizes, 2 winners
-to a commenter, a copy of a short story, Bubba’s First Cruise
-to a subscriber, a guest post swap.
Marcia Richards – Pkg of prizes to 1 winner
a copy of flash fiction - Night Moves
-invitation to guest post or be interviewed on her blog
-winner's name used for a character in her trilogy, The Dance and The Dancer
Jennie Bennett – 2  prizes to 2 winners
-3 books, Oliver Twist, Secret Garden and A Little Princess
-10-page in depth critique
Sonia G, Medeiros – Prize to 1 winner
-Larry Brooks’ Story Engineering Ebook
Jenny Hansen  – 2 winners-choice of prizes
-Choice of a guest post from Jenny for the winner’s blog OR an interview of the winner  on Jenny’s blog. Two winners – 1 subscriber and 1 commenter
Violeta Nedkova (Lyn Midnight)  – Prize to 1 winner
-In-depth Critique of two WIP chapters
Diana Ligaya  – Prize to 1 Winner
-a copy of Joseph Campbell's The Hero with a Thousand Faces
an in-depth critique for fiction up to 15,000 words.




15 comments:

  1. It sounds to me like you definitely made some progress in your goals along the way, so congrats! Glad to have gotten to know you a bit through the LLC and looking forward to Jubilation. Oh, and happy birthday : )!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Em! Have fun lagooning, sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. I'm proud of you for going outside your comfort zone and pushing yourself to try new things. Hope life settles down a bit for you and you're able to keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Em! You did better than you think! Achieving anything on the list counts as a great accomplishment! You don't suck at all! Good luck with jubilation!I'll be back to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I think you've done some amazing stuff! I'm going to try to be at the lemonade thing, but it all depends on how life goes tomorrow. Cool pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Emily. Sorry to hear we'll be losing you. Best wishes for your future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!!! Your giveaway is amazing... whoa, I wish I could enter to win, woman! :P

    So have fun and keep the celebration going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, Emily. You've made some great strides towards goals, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I did subscribe and would love the pictures, but I was reading you before this, so it's truly not the only reason I cam by. Just saying. . .! Email is lapidaryprose AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Those are amazing photos. Super creepy too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all of the birthday wishes. LLC is an amazing group of people and I wish you all well in your endeavors. You'll see me around haunting your blogs and cheering you on. I got sloppy and failed to link Kate's work (which I will now correct) so if you like the pictures I'd suggest checking her out. I think she's amazing at what she does.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A late in the day birthday wish from this vacationing girl. It sounds like you ARE pursuing your goals just beautifully, but that they're stressful to talk about. I get that perfectly.

    Your photographs are beautifully creepy. Good luck to your winner. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pictures are creepy/surreal/beautiful. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some cool pics. Kinda like the Steampunkish feel of them! But hey! I like Steampunk! Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these photos and your blog post. I have become a subscriber, but would have done so even without the comp- looking forward to reading more posts.

    My emails address is kate.bennett@live.com

    Hope I win!!
    Katie x
    www.coffeehousediscussions.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...