Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Is There Ink on my Face?

Danzae Pace said, "If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams."
I say, "If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, let me if I end up with ink on my face." 

On a personal note this has happened... several times. I'm sure the average writer now days need only worry about falling asleep on their keyboard and waking up with a screen saying something like, "a;fjioweapfn eiowu". How many of us old school writers are there left in the world?







How many of us still fall asleep with pens in our hands and worry about water damage when we spill our mug-o-caffeine all over our manuscript? There's something that saddens me about the electronic age. It's like all these new e-books and nooks etc. have killed something people took so long to develop. 

I see a world of printing presses shuttering to a halt and being disassembled. I miss the old days when you had to slid your hand across the paper, feel the rise of the ink, smell the slightly stale musk of parchment. I realize how many trees have died just from my having declared such. Still, I cry a little for the generation that won't know what a real book is.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...